That Friend That Can't Be So Much More

Tuesday, January 20, 2015


You will always have that friend you can joke around with but can't get serious with. You will have that friend you can get crazy with but can't get crazy about.


You will have that friend you will always call a 'friend' and it hurts that it can't be so much more..

I always had thought you came at the right time and at the right moment. I met you at a time I was lost, confused and broken. You slowly diverted my sad emotions to happy ones. You filled it with new memories and replaced the bad ones. We got along well that I even thought maybe you came into my life with the right reasons.

Time flies, we became close friends I think. Then one day, I realized I have moved on. How could I not move on, I have a strong heart. But I can't deny the fact that you were one of those reasons why it became easy forgetting.

You were always there, cheering me up, giving me advises (as if I need them every time but I just listen), telling me to be strong (and I know I am). Sometimes I question why did you come into my life, I never bothered asking you directly.

Then one day, I found myself falling for you. I'm not sure if I even should be. Have I really moved on? How ready is my heart? I don't know. But I think I'm crazy about you. I am excited to make a story of us. I am seriously considering you, I thought.


Then one day, you invited me out. You fetched me by the door and you gave me that smile that says something else. Something I'm not going to like.

Behind you was a man. That moment, I knew what your smile meant. I started to walk back but you stopped me and whispered "He is a good friend and a good man".

I froze for a moment, had a millisecond thought then gave you my prettiest smile. After all, I'm still a good friend and I should be with your friend.

I guess when the right one comes and when our eyes meet, there's this spark, a love at first sight or what the hell. 


So this is how it feels like...


2015


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments