The Bullet That Pierced Through Me

Friday, November 12, 2010

I was shot that day, September 1, 2008 straight through the heart but what's funny is that, I felt so happy with that shot. The gun fired at 8pm that evening and the bullet was never taken off from me. Though a lot of doctors had advised me to have an operation to take it out, I wouldn't listen. The moment the bullet got inside me, I felt happiness and freedom. Freedom from all people who look up to me, to be that one or this one someday. I had find a way to escape some of these, through that bullet. I didn't say the bullet kind of poisoned me but let's say, there's a good side in every bad side that happens, that some people failed to see. You failed to see, right?


Through that bullet, my inside body found a hole that opens from the outside, to which someone can peek and see a world different from what it is living now, amazed that there is also a kind of world that exist, that the inside never encountered. But what is amazing is that the bullet also, in some ways got amazed that the bullet who in turn will be a threat to the body was after all, was not.

I named that bullet "D", hehe..that's a name I would always carry along with my name, that's the name of the bullet who struck my life like lightning, change the pattern of my life and invited me to his world of rebellion and curiosity.

I am his good side and he was my bad side, that's what they see but for those who knew us, those people who had been eye witnesses, they say we just complement each other’s weaknesses and strengths, that's true. He had shown me the bad sides of life which I have not encountered nor experienced from the people who surrounds me. I have shown him a world of forgiveness and second chances do exist. I have shown him that love can actually learns to forgive, that love can be a weapon from those evil forces that pulls him so. I have met a guy who of all people in these world would be a total opposite of me - that's what I said at first but as months go by, I learned that many of his good sides were just covered by the black fogs in front of him.

He was kind, humble and giving. Some of those personalities that I discovered while putting off the fogs. Like fogs, they are present in the morning just after a long storm that you couldn't set the surrounding in clear view but eventually it goes up and the view is clear once again - He was like that. He told me I had help him set his mind in clear view, of what direction he would take, and eventually fix his life that he had shattered through his rebellions, give up the vices he had befriended and set with my friendship instead.

Now, he is again on a road of knowing himself better, improve his life and change what other people had set as meaning to his name in which you wouldn't want to hear. It is understandable since he had failed many persons already, he had failed to change to someone what they want him to be. He will always fail if he wouldn't do something for himself and not because other people had told him so. But now, he is doing something for himself and I'm proud of it. Even if it will come a time which I pray would not come, that I may not be on his side anymore, at least I had been a great part of what he will become.

And even if it kills me if the bullet stays in my body, I wouldn't dare remove it. It had been a part of my body and my heart will always beat as the bullet warms my heart.


**Written 2010
**Facebook Notes
*One of those notes I’ve written out of boredom.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments