Banaue Terraces in Ifugao

Friday, April 29, 2016


Banaue Rice Terraces — an iconic and ancient landscape of the Philippines that is said to be the greatest engineering masterpiece of the indigenous people in Ifugao.

Having been raised in the mountains of the Cordillera, I grew up knowing why I should be proud of being an Ifugao is our man-made terraces built thousand years ago by our ancestors and stood still to this moment and is popular among traveler and adventure-seekers locally and abroad. 
I am a Cordilleran. I am proud to be one. I will talk about my culture with pride. I may not dance to the rhythm of the gongs with grace nor sing the song of our land in harmony, but I am forever proud of it. I will speak our tongue anyway I want and let them be amused because really, our culture is something quite fascinating, captivating and enthralling.


"bulul"

rice terraces

getting down then up to the terraces

ready for harvest


an old nipa hut and a modern nipa hut







Banaue Rice Terraces
Ifugao, Philippines

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments