A Story of a Libran Girl

Thursday, June 13, 2013

I'm a Libra. A hopeless romantic. Always in love with love. - They say. I say its true. :)

I'd always believe in prince charming, I'm a princess (in my own delusions).


I remember myself trapped in a castle, reading Nursing books, doing notes, computing dosages et cetera.

Sleep in my castle. Attend my classes. Study. Hospital duty. Back to my castle. Study then sleep. - This has been my routine.

I'm a princess but I less pampered myself nor reward myself with little accomplishments I had until one day I did.

I have a focus. I want a diploma, a license. Then after that, I can do anything I want.

But never I thought a prince would come at an unexpected day of my trying-to-be busy life.

He would knock at my window, then shyly says Hi.

I'd entertain him of course since I'm a good princess. We would talk about many things, him having the longest stories of course and I would listen.

I fell in love with his charisma, his individuality, with his stories. He has so much to tell but at that time, he has less to prove.

He's a black sheep, from what I can tell. He needed understanding. He needed a friend.

Since I'm such a loner myself and I'm the type who listens, and he's the talker, we get along well. We became best friends.

Until one day, friendship isn't exactly for us. There were times when I no longer stay in my castle but more of at his company. Medical terms were no longer the sweetest lullaby but his voice. My books were no longer my best friend but him. My castle was not my safest place anymore but with him, I feel secured.

And so, we stepped to the next level. We were college sweethearts. We quarrel. We make peace. We have each other.

Time moved so fast. I'm a nurse. He is a soldier. Things were different now. We tried to make negotiations. We attempted peace talks.  Sometimes, one moving, another does not. We weren't complimentary.  We tried, but not our best.

We ended up in war. My so called best friend turned to be my worst enemy. For now.

Not a fairy tale no more. I'm not a princess. He's not a prince. Things might have ended the wrong way, but I still believe in happily ever after.

I can sleep a thousand days like Snow White. Have the longest hair like Rapunzel. Or get my life back. Forgive and forget. Maybe my one prince is out there looking for me.

Or back to my focus. A career first. Adventure seeker. Make out the best in me. Change. Renew. Happiness rightfully for a princess.

But I'm a Libra. I'll still be in love with love.

Twist and turn. We'll see.


June 13, 2013
3:35 am





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments