I'm not afraid when it comes to loving..

Thursday, October 06, 2016

It is not being on my own that is so scary, having someone is a good thing but the realization that someone you thought was yours wasn’t and you are actually on your own. After all, the process is something I am afraid to feel and the emotions that comes along with it.

I am not afraid of being myself, it’s the thought of not being accepted of what I am and trying to change me to someone I’m not. I don’t work that way.

I’m not afraid of being myself, I’m afraid of changing myself just to fit for this guy. I don’t want to be with someone who can make me feel like I can’t be myself. I’m a different kind of a woman. I can be loud sometimes, irritating, can just laugh and be touched with simple things and yes, I am very sentimental and emotional, and all sorts.

I'm not afraid of sleeping alone, I’m afraid of sleeping with the wrong person. What I’m scared of is getting intimate with someone and then coming to regret it afterwards. It’s like receiving a gift, unwrapping it then found out later it wasn’t named for you.

I am not afraid of having my bed to myself, I’m afraid of waking up to a stranger. I’d rather keep the place untouched. I’d rather spread out than spread my legs for someone who means nothing to me and I mean nothing for him. I don’t like spending the morning for awkward goodbyes.

I’m not afraid of exerting efforts for someone, I’m afraid of wasting my time. I’m getting old, I know that. I might be losing time but I won’t waste efforts on bad dates. If I knew it’s not going to work well, why waste precious time. I would rather spend it with people I know I care about than with people I’ll get silent moments with and having no real conversations at all; that is bad date.

I’m not afraid of going into parties or weddings alone, I’m afraid of having someone at my side and be bombarded with questions like "Is he the one?" No, I'd rather go alone and be questioned "why are you alone?". It’s easier to answer that than "is he the one?" I do not want them to give false hopes. I am afraid letting a man get close to my family and friends then says goodbye later.

I’m not afraid of losing a guy for friends, I’m afraid of forgetting friends because of a guy. I don’t want to be a friend who abandon friends because I have someone new. After all, friends are always there to help you pick up the pieces when things fall apart. I want to have my friends and my man at a place where I don’t have to divide myself between the two of them. And it would be a plus to have someone who can be my best friend as well as my lover.

I’m not afraid of being alone, I’m afraid of being with someone who makes me feel alone. I don’t want to be lonelier that I already have been.

I’m not afraid to feel cold when the winter comes, I’m afraid to be cold at heart. I don’t want to be an ice queen but if it’s the only way not to feel and be susceptible to heart breaks then I guess I am afraid I will be one.

I’m not afraid of trying, I am afraid of giving up. I do not want to give up on love and I hope it doesn’t give up on me. I am not afraid of love, I’m afraid of everything that comes along with it.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments